Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Thanks for the dialogue

I have not, as yet, tied the supply to the MB's ground, but that has to be the answer.

I will let it be known when I get it to work.

One funny thing though about using the ATX ground for the USB - while this was what I was using my BIOS was very unstable. All would be fine for days and then the default BIOS would return. When one attempted to re-set the BIOS you were given the RED SCREEN saying that I was doing something the BIOS did not like. Usually a simple shorting of the pins would not do the trick. The battery had to be removed for a couple of hours.

Does indicate that grounding (no surprise) is very important for stability. Wish we could get Dave Davenport interested in this but I have tried and he thinks we are all insane to use computers. Well, maybe not insane, he does not think it a good direction. YET, he loves the PS AUDIO Perfect Wave CD system which is very much like one of those dreaded computers!

He is an expert on grounding. Wish he was interested.

You are correct that there is probably much to be gained by some kind of grounding "tricks".

Thanks again for the advice.

Bye,

Rick McInnis

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.