Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: An Extraordinary Windows Installation for Use with Juli@

Thanks for the pointer. Their recs do sound very appropriate. I will try them when the time comes.

Years ago I struck gold with the cMP + FB2k setup. This only happened after FB2k got a very decent update in those days. (You had already taken your "sabbatical", so I don't think I ever mentioned it to you.) Suddenly, I could get just as good SQ as with cPlay but with the extra abilities of FB2k, including DSD playback. Only the Oppo player while on "pure direct" -- and not always -- can improve a little over cMP/FB2k.

Not that I've heard much of this recently. All this above was with the PLLXO'd bi-amp on the highly modded MMGs until the start of 2019. Their resolution was incredible and long-term listening sessions were always enjoyable (often 10hr+). I did begin to worry about their age. Yours and mine were built before 2000.

That January I found a good pair of used 1.6's and decided to shift them in for long term evaluation and modding. Haltingly, I finished testing the "external" tweaks (they came with Razoring on, BTW). They improved very much but never to the modded MMGs' level.

Soon after, many things got in the way of further tweaking; health, work and stuff. Gotta PLLXO biamp these 1.6s, perhaps even reinforce the frame like I did with the MMGs. They do have the pedigree to exceed the modded MMGs, which can still do a quite bit of relative shock & awe if allowed to...though now they're on "mothballs".

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.