Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Metallic overlay still with me, yikes

yes your advice helped. don't sell yourself short you are very experienced in this stuff which is why I always seek you(amongst others) out. Having said that I have reloaded windows and am 80% done with windows optimizations. Need to do some registry stuff/ kernal stuff and minlogon. But you were also right about my apprehension in doing this. It was greater than the reality. So I will stick to hdd for the now and near future.

But lo and behold I have gotten the dreaded 'metallic overlay' issue after listening for 5 minutes. I guess now the root cause identification is back to something else. Could it be the cpu or mobo? That's all that is left to change. Remember I have gone through reloading windows, new juli@ drivers (1.05 and reloading 1.04), new juli@ soundcard, new power supplies, new memory. It still goes away after reboot. I'm playing off of flashdrive now to see if that's still ok (it was before).

I will update progress/status later.

BTW the only other differences I may have versus other cplay/cmp-ers is that I still have the fan operating on top of my cpu. I recently got a passive cooler to install but wanted to wait until I fixed this metallic overlay thing. Also running at 96 src or 192 (music off of flash drives) seems to be ok and that apparently reduces workload on the processor. Anyway anybody think this could be an issue?

Edits: 03/21/09 03/21/09

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.