Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: thanks for adding too the mix. Looking forward too read your experience with the SSD.

the files played from the USB drive sound better than when the same files are played from the HDD.

Yes and it's not a small difference. Blame Theob. I do - it was his idea.

Note that re-enabling the USB port and inserting the stick are the only changes I made. It's weird; if you can repeat the trial, I'd be delighted.

If after 3 minutes the HDD spins down . . . Do you hear sound quality differences?

No but I didn't try very hard, to be honest. (I don't normally set the disc to spin down as it would be stopping and starting almost every track.)

. . . may be cPlay needs ‘a closer look under the hood’ too see if it’s handling flac files correctly.

The only time I get trouble with cPlay and flac data is with some tracks when pulling them over a network under a hair-shirt cMP setup with issas disabled. In every other situation it works absolutely fine. (I've not tried the same setup with Foobar for SQ reasons.)

That has to be, by any reckoning, an obscure bug and I don't even know if it's a cPlay one. It could equally well be a flac bug or an OS bug or . . .

As I'm asking cMP^2 to do something its author never intended, I devised a work round that works fine for me. You did much the same, I think.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.