Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: cMP - can't get it to work PROPERLY

E,

A couple of suggestions.

SOme screen shots of the asio 4 all panel and the soundcard driver screen and windows soundcard options (control panel/sounds or something like that) might help us spot something.

And from the earlier posts I dont think you SET anything in the soundcard driver or asio 4 all.

At least with the m-audio card I just tested things with CPLAY would automatically change the asio4all settings.

I just installed it and both it and cplay and the m-audio screen said 44. I switched cplay to 176 and both asio 4all and the m-audio screen changed automatically.

Also while cplay is good about notifying you ASIO is kind of weird in that often it wont adjust on the fly. You have to make changes and then exit cplay and then reopen for the changes to take.

Everyone is at a different place in life but IMHO it might be better ditching your card and getting something like a Lynx that is known to work with cmp2. You talk about the card you have and while it does look like a good sounding card, Asio4all is not good sounding and you might be better off with real asio and a juli@. The Lynx is IMHO worth the investment regardless and if it saves you time in figuring this all out, it is IMHO money well spent!!

Cut to razor sounding violins

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.