Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Question for Gstew

Hi,
I have already made a 3.3v Linear psu to feed the digital part of my Julia by de-soldering the onboard regulator & going straight to the 3.3v input. Sounds a big step ahead. Though the caps need a lot of burn-in before they show their true potential. Thereafter i made a 12v linear psu to power the P4. Another big step ahead. My only concern was with the regulator i have used in them. I have used the 3.3v Dexa UWB series for the psu feeding the Julia & the Dexa 12v UWB series for the one feeding the P4. Both these have a maximum current rating of 630ma.
GStew uses the LT1083CP for his P4 which is rated at 7 amps, & LT1085 for the Julia which is rated as 5 amps. That is way ahead in current handling compared to the Dexa. Though the Dexa have a very good Ripple rejection & Noise levels, i am still dicey if their current rating would suffice for those purposes. As per Gstew, the P4 draws less than 0.5 amps, but he has used a 7 amp regulator. Julia draws around 170ma in Play mode but he has used a 5 amp regulator. This was the only part i need clarification about. Will the Dexa have any downside in terms of Dynamics or other aspects vs the LT regulators is what i want to know...
I intend to move on to the ferrite filtering after i snap out of this...

Junaid

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.