Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Using a small SSD drive

I DON'T recommend this but its a way to get the SSD benefit using a small SSD drive (4GB):

In your setup, install Windows on the SSD (remaining space is ~3GB for copied music) then your HDD becomes the music library. When you do this, you can set the HDD to spin down (after 3 minutes - see Power Options). This spin down action yields the benefits (but is risky as Windows tends to give a BSOD).

Copy cMP selected files from HDD to SDD using a batch file. You do this in the PREP_PLAYER call (see cMP documentation on "cicsMemoryPlayer.pth" file). Instead of calling cPlay with %c, call it with nothing. That is, cPlay will prompt you on the file to select (set cMP to No in cPlay).

Example of cicsMemoryPlayer.pth file using this setup (notice CUE_PLAYER and PREP_PLAYER):

RIPPER #M "c:\program files\exact audio copy\EAC.exe"
CUE_PLAYER #N "c:\program files\cics Play\cicsPlay.exe"
LIBRARY_MANAGER "c:\windows\explorer.exe"
OSK "C:\Program Files\cics Memory Player\ahkosk.exe"
PROCESS_EXPLORER "c:\program files\process explorer\procexp.exe" /p:n
EXPLORER_KILL "c:\windows\system32\taskkill.exe" /F /IM explorer.exe
TOUCH_SCREEN "c:\program files\touchkit\touchkit.exe"
PREP_PLAYER #H "C:\cMP_prep.bat" %F
REFRESH "cpu-Z" "c:\program files\cpu z\cpuz.exe"

In "c:\" copy this into batch file "cMP_prep.bat" and create an empty folder called "c:\tmpmusic" in your c: drive.

@echo off
del c:\tmpmusic\*.* /q
cd c:\tmpmusic
copy %1 /y
exit

Please note that I have not tested this at all. You'll need to experiment and see if it works. When you select an album in cMP, its first content file is copied to "c:\tmpmusic" and cMP then starts cPlay which will prompt for a file - select the tmpmusic folder and the file.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.