Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: How to Power the Memory - Part 2.2 : Three Terminal Linear Regulator

Ok Jack I just may take a crack at this. I'm thinking of taking a 3.3v feed from a 2nd antec I use to run my cpu. I assume there would not be a problem with ground loops but prefer to hear your opinion on this. Also would wire length from circuit to the G31 mobo be critical? I have run out of realestate in my pc. Also to remove the g31 choke should I also use a heat gun?

I have a couple of spare mobo's and another cpu so this would be a nice project wherein I can take my time do it right and have my current mobo/cpu as a backup.

One thing regarding the heat sink do I need one that big or is that just a piece you had handy?

Also what size chokes in terms of millhenries and power? What wattage on resistors? I take it that in to the regulator is lead from left of 2RO in your picture and out to the board is the the lead (or hole) on the right of 2RO? If you are booting at lower than 1.8v (1.3-1.5v) does this make a battery feasible?

Edits: 12/08/11 12/10/11

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.