Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Buffa-Juli@... and a question for Theob!

Theo,

Thanks for the info.

I'd agree that removing the 22R resistors on the Buff32 board would be tricky unless one is familiar with SMD soldering. OTOH, they really just need to be bypassed which is much easier... It still takes a small-tipped iron and small-gauge solder tho. I do think that would be a performance increase in your setup and Wackyterbacky's (although I'm not sure what they look like in his DAC).

But as I understand it, the setup I'm using on this implementation is more like the original Juli@ analog board's connection to the Juli@ digital board... Except that my connections are slightly shorter. And the size and placement of the resistors on the Buff32 board are pretty close in location and value to that of the Juli@ analog board.

OTOH, the longer cable connections you and Wackyterbacky are using are a different world and require different techniques to make them work right... Hence the source-end signal resistors and removal of the destination-end resistors.

Greg in Mississippi
Everything matters!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.