Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

I ordered these 3 types. see text

Hi Dawnrazor,

I first ordered some of these 3 types + some little ferrite bars.

I chose the ferrites on highest resistance possible but at the same time looking at hole diameter.

250 and 240 ohms at 100mhz
Types: RKCF0-10-A5 and RCKF-13-A5
See: http://www.produktinfo.conrad.com/datenblaetter/500000-524999/502137-da-01-en-GETEILTER_FERRITRINGKERN_RKCF_13_A5.pdf

After I red http://www.elmac.co.uk/pdfs/ferrite.pdf : “Using ferrites for interference suppression”. See link below.
I bought much more ferrits. Because chapter 5 (page 4) reads:
Chapter 5. Choosing and using.
Size and shape
There are two rules of thumb in selecting a ferrite for highest impedance:
• where you have a choice of shape, longer is better than fatter;
• get the maximum amount of material into your chosen volume that you can afford.

So I placed a second order. Now only the RKCF-13-A5 and some of these ferrite bars
Ferrietstaaf (Conrad Electronic)

And also just a few minutes ago as a third order UPC also dropped these flat ones at the doorstep:
Lintkabel met ferrrietkern RFP1-26-28-A5 (Conrad Electronic)

I ordered flat split core ferrites for ribbon cable because I red about the use of them on page 7 chapter 6 ‘secondary effects’ it says:
If the ferrite is placed next to a grounded metal surface, such as the chassis, an L-C filter is formed which uses the ferrite both as an inductor and as a distributed capacitor. This will improve the filtering properties compared to using the ferrite in free space. For best effect the cable should be against the ferrite inner surface and the ferrite itself should be flat against the chassis so that no air gaps exist; this can work well with ribbon or flexi cable assemblies.

This look very interesting because my silverstone SST-ML03B case is made of iron (not aluminum) and the individual wires of the P24 can be spread out too make a flat ribbon style cable. :-)

I possibly try too test these flat ones this weekend already.
See what it will bring.

Mark

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • I ordered these 3 types. see text - hfavandepas 07:29:01 06/25/11 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.