Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

GIGABYTE GA-H61M-S2H is what I have

I was confused by the TURBO BOOST stuff and then saw (it was plain as day) that you can turn it off.

Does have the ability to disable SPREAD SPECTRUM.

Set the memory to the settings given by the other Serge. Set memory voltage to 1.3 volts.

I could see how to reduce the voltages just was not sure how far to go. I guess the best thing is just see what happens. I did notice this morning when looking at the CPUZ screen posted by Mr. Wong that he has his processor voltage at 0.88.

Can't seem to get the Vcore very low but then I am not sure what the control I am using does. There are many things labelled the same as the H55 board but a few with a new nomenklature that I am not sure about. Here you reduce the voltage in predetermined amounts - you do not get to pick a set voltage. So far it says I am at 0.84 volts in the BIOS. Forgot to install CPUZ and now it is too late.

I will try to make a list of the entries tonight

This board does sound good. Different from the H55 board. The presentation is more forward at the moment but I have not minimized the system hive yet. That will probably recess the stage a bit.

The board is very quiet. Much quieter than H55 and I thought that board was quiet. Comparing two boards with audio and video chips removed along with fan mosfets, the H61 is obviously quieter. I was not expecting that at all.

As I said before I hear no shortcomings of the PCI bridge as if I would know what to listen for ... (!)

I will optimize this board's installation and get used to it and replace the h55 back in a couple of weeks from now.

Any suggestions of how best to use the BIOS would be appreciated.

Thanks,

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • GIGABYTE GA-H61M-S2H is what I have - rickmcinnis@dogwoodfabrics.com 12:57:38 01/09/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.