Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: The saga of my netbook power supply

Hi KC,

nice hints! I've ordered an ADuM4160 USB-isolator in the meantime after having read your post. I've even found out through cics' hint that it is availible right here at home in Europe. What a small world... I'm curious to find out about its sonic properties!

At the moment I'm listening to the new netbook. Even though it's through Vista (moderately tweaked) with the latest foobar and a Musiland Monitor 02US used as an asynchronous USB->SPDIF-converter (very latest drivers 2.2.0) plus a new amplifier with inbuilt DAC (Onkyo A-5VL) results are already very pleasant. A comparison to my fully optimized cMP²-system (no Juli@ though, but Audio-gd's Digital Interface and NFB-2 DAC) plus a nice KT-88 tubeamp is yet to come.
And at the moment the netbook's fully tweaked XP-system including minlogon doesn't recognize the Digital Interface, the Musiland Monitor or an USB-HDD. There's some more fiddling ahead of me, I guess... (though so far no bug has remained unsolved ;-D)

I'll let anyone who's interested know about my comparisons, but it will take a week or two at least to be serious. Until then I'm (and maybe others are) curious about all other experience and suggestions related to the netbook-way-to-do-it!

Eunegis

Edits: 12/17/11

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.