Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

I didn't measure per wire with the G31M. sorry

Hi Theo,

Back than for the G31 mobo I did it like this. With wires combined per voltage group.

Van P24 current measurements

Now for the G41M MoBo I did it like this:

Van P24 current measurements

So only for this G41M MoBo I have the currents per individual wire.

As I don’t dismiss Bibo01 remarks about ferrite that may loss their effective after a few weeks, how are you sonics after a few day’s now ? Do you think the ferrites in your setup are still effective?
I did a lot of surching and reading on the net, too find out if the effect of ferrites will wear out after some time. But the only thing I came across is, that it is important too prevent saturation as much as possible when (too much) ‘one way’ DC is applied on them. I also came across that ferrites are widely used on PCB boards in all kind of digital electronics too suppress HF noise. The web is literally littered with articles on this subsect. But I didn’t come across one article where there was a warning about wear out of ferrites in applications after a period of time. So lets cross our fingers.

Coming week I will start moving around the ferrite clamps. Since ferrites are very cheap is fun too mess around with them and I again ordered some 8 ferrite clamps with a hole diameter of 12 mm. And also bunch of round little ferrite bars with a diameter of 8 mm. I want to experiment with 3 or 4 winds around these little ferrite bars and than clamp this little coil into the ferrite clamp with 1,2 diameter.
Right now the individual P24 wires still have a lot space/air around them while being inside the ferrite clamp. There should be ferrite all around them. Not air all around them. So may be wrapping them around these little ferrite bars and than clamping the whole inside a ferrite might give better results. This way their will be hardly any air left inside the ferrite clamp and also the wire will be in very close contact with ferrite inside the ferrite clamp. But this I just me messing around with ferrite’s, I don’t dare to predict if it will be more effective. But I let you know in a few days.

Mark

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.