Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: cMP - the open source high-end Memory Player

Hey Sigi,

I can be lazy and while I know about slipstreaming this is an area where it just seems easier to load sp1 and then 2...by the time I make a slipstream disk I can have a windows install almost done.

So YES I have successfully loaded xp sp1 twice on the new hardware and then put in the sp2 disk.

No problems that I can tell.

Now I DO have issues. This hardware sucks for me. For some reason the Lynx card that I have had for years just isnt happy on this platform. FOr instance, with the 45mm hardware I could easily upsample to 192k with no pops no crackles, no drama at a buffer of 32.

On the new builds (both of them) I can upsample to 192 but any kind of cursor movement causes pops and clicks even at a buffer of 256. I have tried everything I can think of and also what cics has mentioned, but still have the issue.

The new hardware though is awesome at undervolting and underclocking. I was able to get it very low on the first try with no bios drama. That is a huge plus.

OH, and I dont recall any BSODs on the old hardware, but have had several on the new stuff....

Cut to razor sounding violins

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: cMP - the open source high-end Memory Player - Dawnrazor 22:10:20 02/17/11 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.