Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Choice of H55M Mobo for i3 530 32mn CPU

Hi, GA H55N USB3 (itx) lack flexibilty as it has no PCI slot. There are less capacitor onboard too. SQ-wise, it should be on par with its H55M USB3 counterpart and exceeding the UD2H due to better PS components. Regarding power consumption it will consume no less than the the H55M USB3 because the same no. of chip and PS components are present on both boards. Being smaller in size doesn't mean that it will draw less power, it is only in a more compact format.

I'm using the Musiland 01USD and have compared it with ESI Juli@. The Juli@ is a better choice because it is already very good in stock form (digital output only) when compared to my heavily modifed 01USD. I have a Musiland 01US too which I extracted its I2S output for use only, and I consider its SQ cannot match other other good DACs.

All I can say is that the Corei3 530 setup has got extremely high sound quality and a high quality digital receiver or sound card is needed to bring out its potential. The stock Musiland 01US or 01USD cannot match the SQ of the new H55M board and CPU. So I recommend MATX board for potential upgrade.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.