Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: USB, cue sheets, latency, mouse, etc.

hey thanks guys

have had no internet for a while, sorry for not getting back earlier. appreciate your help.

Well I enabled usb 2 in the bios, still nothing from the usb converter. grrr Should it work even with the soundcard still in it?

It must be quite obvious that I know very little about computers, so am willing to try the more simple and obvious stuff, but anything more complicated would probably pass on, not from ingratitude mind! but simple idiocy.

BTW I experienced no probs with the computer when I simply disconnected the dvd drive,,thought I might have at least gotten a warning that something was disconnected! nope, just chugged away as normal.

The only new trick I might try is to (monkey see monkey do) extend all the wiring connections to the touchscreen and then take the TS out of the box and set it up at my listening chair heh heh. Would be cool to have the touchscreen right next to me to get full control at the touch of a button so to speak.

Unless of course some of the more computer savvy amongst you say 'under absolutely no circumstances do that because.....', in which case I will accede to your superior knowledge.

If the consensus seems to be 'dunno, but it should work' then I'm willing to be the group guinea pig! and let you all know.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: USB, cue sheets, latency, mouse, etc. - terry j 01:27:53 08/30/08 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.