Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Greg, thanks - and comments

If I've learned anything over the past 6 years of getting back into audio tweaking, it's that my signature, 'Everything Matters', is more true than I ever imagined.

That I heard a clear difference between Panasonic FMs, a combination of Panasonic FM's & Elna Silmec, all Elna Silmec, and finally a combo of Jensen 4-poles and Black Gates in the linear power supplies that feed my HDD, Zalman screen, and USB port was a revelation to me. Guess which sounded better?

More recently, hearing the sonic signature of those Silmecs again (which isn't a bad one, just one I don't personally like) when they were used in my linear computer supplies, even when finally the only one in the supply was the one across the output of the -12v supply that I turned off after the system was started, had me concerned that either 'EVERYTHING REALLY MATTERS!' or that I was going batty.

Can I explain it? No, not really, I'm not that technical. But I'm very comfortable in reporting it and stating what I've learned, that if a SMPS isn't designed or modified to be good sounding, it is not good enough in my audio system, even for the digital circuits, even for the things that I can't imagine will make a difference like the Zalman's screen or the HDD!

Waiting expectently for your report!

Greg in Mississippi

Everything matters!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Greg, thanks - and comments - GStew 14:11:35 07/31/10 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.