Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

New Bios Setting of Sandy Bridge cMP2

Hi all
I've simply forgot to set ACPI suspend type to S1, so it was impossible downclock the CPU without an immediate CMOS reset.
Now it's possible and new pictures showns the lower value that this MoBo permit. Obviously I send a big "grazie" to Bibo 01 that has identified immediately the problem.
I've settled my PCI-E soundcard on X1 slot.
Resuming the current absorption of this new system:
P24: 1,25- 1,30 A
P4: n.a. ( my old combo i3 540 + H55MA-USB3 was only 300 mA)
Asus Xonar Essence STX molex at 12V: 300 mA
Asus Xonar Essence STX molex at 5 V: 700 mA
I confirm that migration from H55-H57 is immediate, no need to reinstall XP and/or cMP, only install the chipset driver.
Unfortunately my Conrad Johnson decided to die after an hour of beautiful listening session! Now, waiting for it, I must listen with transport that feed straight on the Graaf. Combo sounds very well but I cannot judge on difference between this new setting and the old one.
Last but not least, I've got the impression of a greater stability of this MoBo, every BIOS change was sure, without any problem. No fake start, no reset of CMOSand I repeat that the settings showns in these pictures are the lower possible.
Daniele

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.