Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Mobo and cpu recommendations

Hi Dawnrazor,

Well, I tried with a wav file with SoX/HQ. No way. (Also I looked at the CPU % using flac & 145 dB, resampling from 44 to 48 : 4%)

Is there anything to do educate the culprit ? I was thinking of disabling HDMI (I was suspecting on my side that it would see the upsampled stream as some illegal content ie did not allow it to pass by).

About the DPC latency results, does this depend of the settings implemented ?(I mean would CMP settings improve it or is the mobo simply the wrong choice ?) Will a dedicated soundcard improve this ?
(By the way, why is this latency poor for a CMP set up ? Is this explained in Cics web pages ?)

Core I3 hyperthreading: Any good/bad influence ?

The funny thing is that, this happened only twice, I had Cplay to play @ 96kHz, but it was only glitches, and on the folowing start, again the same issue).

See the pictures below. What do you think of the sampling rates mentionned on both cases ? (for the ASIO4all pic, In some circumstances it is shown 8x 192kHz instead of 8x48kHz, but It does not work either; the 2nd pic is obtained using ASIOCaps software).

One thing also, using the Hardware Buffer in ASIO4All is not good, (results in ASIOCaps then states only 44 and 48 kHZ are supported ! the above pic was obtained without hardware buffer), whereas on my previous mobo/cpu, if I remember correctly, Hardware Buffer was a key setting to get 192 kHZ).

Laurent

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Mobo and cpu recommendations - Laurent D. 14:07:42 05/11/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.