Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Easy Minlogon without disabling WFP

Start over with this - what you describe makes no sense to me.

Download the file and you should get 1 zipped file called minlogon.cab.

With WinRAR or Winzip installed, extract it as I described before and you should get 1 folder named minlogon. In Folder options - View - untick "Hide file extensions..."

Inside the folder are 3 files, one of which is minlogon.exe That is the only one we are interested in. Copy and paste only this into a convenient folder in your computer for storage.

Now copy the minlogon.exe file to your flash drive and transfer to your music computer.

I apprectiate your concern about crashing the system. It is valid, as Rylands emphasizes, as small mistakes in implementing minlogon can lead to system rebuild. It is vital, especially if you are trying this in Safe Mode without disabling WFP, to confirm that the renaming of winlogon.exe to winlogon.exe.bak has succeded: you do this by scrolling to the end of the system32 folder, after you have made the change, and looking to see if a new winlogon.exe file has appeared, with its unique icon. If it has, go no further with this, restart into normal mode, and go back into system32 and delete the winlogon.exe.bak file. Now you can proceed to disable WFP and implement minlogon.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.