Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Summary of Juli@ mods

Thanks sir.

I'd used some of those posts as starting points for the information I posted. My hope is to take the Juli@ even farther than described in these posts... ultimately including powering it from a separate set of linear power supplies. Even though I have a separate DAC card coming, I believe that the Juli@ is capable of much better performance than what one gets with a stock card powered from the computer's busses.

At a high level, Here's my roadmap...

Phase I - Improve PS filtering by replacing the input and output caps on the two digital and two analog regulators.

Phase II - Improve analog signal transfer by replacing the output coupling caps.

Phase III - Clean up the power supply by cutting the links to the motherboard's power buses and feed the card with separate linear analog & digital supplies.

Phase IV - Further improve the power by replacing the on-board chip regulators with upgraded discrete regulators.

I have parts either in-house or on order to do the first two phases and hope to be able to report on them after this weekend.

Greg in Mississippi

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.