Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: A mystery unless ...

gosh I'm sure I know less than you but I do know I played cplay 2.0 b 18 for 6 days no trouble initially then I moved on to version 19/20. The last several days(2 or 3 I think) I've been playing 18 no troubles and this is with eist disabled, hcc set at 150, 146 src @ 192 Khz(the most aggressive settings). It seems like (emphasis on the seems!!) that all the cplay versions associated with IMPROVED ASIO EFFIENCY have ultimately failed (in the sense of metallic sonics eventually). Not when I boot up 20. it sounds great for anywhere from 5-35 minutes before it goes metallic. Let me try to be clear about what the 'metallic overlay' I describe, sounds like. If you go into program files and delete one of the two Juli@ files (like juli@Pan) and then play cplay it sounds exactly like that. I tried it once just to see if it would work and if it worked how it would sound. So I believe that somehow my rig is overwriting or deleting or otherwise corrupting my juli@ drivers when I play 19 or 20 or 15, 16, 17 but not 18.

When I was into 19 and went back to 18 I got the metallics if I didn't reboot (right after running 19 into the metallics). Once I rebooted 18 was fine indefinitely.

Edits: 04/03/09 04/04/09

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.