Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Some additional thoughts on a separate set of PSU's for your cMP... (Of course, long!)

Bibo,

It was a nothing-too-special quick & dirty supply I did when I realized that the reason my system was cutting off at random with the linear supply was due to my use of a 9v battery to supply the 5vSB & PWR_ON voltages and turning them off after the motherboard had booted. It would run for awhile without these voltages, but would always cut out at some point, sometimes even days later.

It was an afternoon project using a transformer (with a center-tapped secondary) scrounged from an old linear wall-wart, a couple of MSR860 diodes, an LM340-5 regulator chip, and a couple of caps (pretty good quality ones... this proved to be audible, to my surprise!).

The 5v output is fed directly to the 5vSB & via a switch to the PWR_ON for the turn-on exercises. I did a 3-wire braid with these two wires and the ground from the supply, which went to pin 13 on the ATX-20 plug.

I hope this helps.

Greg in Mississippi

Everything matters!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Some additional thoughts on a separate set of PSU's for your cMP... (Of course, long!) - GStew 18:36:07 12/13/10 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.