Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: What will this do an existing XP installation?

...Zalman case but would like to try your software and maybe few other mods you recommend.

Case is entirely optional as well as SATA RAID (because there's no disk traffic during playback but RAID does load faster). I would suggest you do all other optimizations (or as much as possible).

I would like to know what will your software do to the existing XP installation.

No impact here as long as you have XP SP 2. cMP's sw should run perfectly well. I've tested it on 6 computers (including 2 laptops) with success. Also, others have used it on their installations during pre-release testing.

Also, is it customized for only the components you listed or will it work with other souncard, for example EMU 0404pci which I currently use with EMU ASIO driver and Foobar 0.83.

It works on any soundcard. The 6 computers I used, each had a different soundcard and some of the pre-release testers had USB ones. Your ASIO based EMU 0404pci should be awesome here! Do you have its latest drivers?

cMP will play any player you prefer including foobar 0.8.3.

I'd be very interested in your feedback comparing 0.8.3 vs latest 0.9.5b? release. Also, are you using SRC (Secret Rabbit Code) upsampler?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: What will this do an existing XP installation? - cics 02:41:53 01/01/08 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.