Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: cMP - can't get it to work PROPERLY

Hi Theob, Bibo and Dawnrazor,

I've somehow missed this branch of the discussion so far... (wonder why)

But thanks for your suggestions.

I have a 9632 lying at home at the moment, but it's still un-unpacked (30 days money back). Don't know if its a good choice for the money. Comments here on the forum are so-so. There have even been statements like "Juli@ cleans the floor with 9632". On the other hand someone said that the 9632 is " open- and forward-sounding" in the mids (kind of a sonic personality of RME cards), which I like very much. Probably the differences are so subtle that a big investment won't pay off...

EMUs are supposed to be a little complicated in handling (integrating into the system) - no?! But I'm ready to beconme convinced...

I don't want to use an external DAC, which is why Juli@ isn't first choice. Most any Juli@ user here on the forum seems to drive an external DAC with it. But maybe I'm wrong and the analog output sound of the Juli@ is not so bad. Even cics has been cited that the Juli@ were on par with an AES16 (though I don't know if he referred to digital or analog out - but I believe cics is using an external DAC, too).

I'd really like to get my Overture going, but the way is narrowing visibly meanwhile... Will try other free ASIO wrappers the next days.
But I'm still open for hardware suggestions. I don't like my sound too analytic, I rather prefer a live-like sound that jumps at me.

EDIT: the status, now that I've unticked "do not map through this device", is that the ASIO4ALL control panel doesn't show its weird misfunction messages any more. BUT: when I use ASIO there is still no assigning of the stereo channels to the driver. That means the information bars in foobar2000 and cPlay still and always show "channel not connected" for right/left channel. I believe that's the crucial point of my soundlessness. I have no idea why it is so and where to change that. In the sounds tab of XP's control panel there's nothing to set in that regard.

Any ideas?

Edits: 04/07/11 04/07/11

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.