Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: WaveLink

Gordon Rankin . . . says ASIO is bad for audio playback

LOL. Wow, a manufacturer told you his product is great and the other guy's version is crap. Shocker. Gee, do you think he's trying to sell you something? C'mon, of course he said ASIO is bad, none of his products use ASIO. What's he going to tell you, "ASIO is great, but buy my stuff anyway."

ASIO was never meant to be used for playback

ASIO was developed by and for the Pro Audio industry for recording studios and DAWs. How do you figure it was never meant to be used?

Listen, I'm not trying to be a fanboy for ASIO. If you want to start a debate or comparison between Windows XP w/ASIO and Windows Vista/7 w/WASAPI, that's your prerogative. But manufacturers comments, whose only agenda is to sell their products, do not really have a place in that discussion. And it's one thing if he comes in here making those types of comments, but it's also just as bad if you are here to shill for him. If you want to make personal comments about his products and provide your personal opinion based on your listening experiences, then that is a welcome discussion. But I don't think it's appropriate to make a post that is just presenting his marketing spewage.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: WaveLink - edward 17:43:35 02/20/10 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.