Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: cMP - can't get it to work!!!

Hi Eunegis
I'm not shure about the bit-perfect fashion of ASIO4ALL but I've noted a huge difference in SQ when compared to the official ASIO driver 1792 and 1793, both true bit-perfect. The effect of ASIO4ALL was very similar to the older ( and not bit-perfect)Asus driver.
The Essence "outofthebox" in a cMP2 setting is a very good Soundcard, but I've searched for the limit of it, with an heavy modding.
Result of the modding is astounding but the advanced modding is difficult and dangerous.
Only with a simple add of three Burson Audio discrete Dual op-amp and a decent dual linear power supply ( 5V and 12V, two Peaktech 6080 laboratory PSU i.e.) will rise the SQ to the 75% of the maximum possible improvement.
With these two very easy changes you'll have a true hiend integrated transport, with analog unbalanced output only, I'm sorry.
If you are looking for a digital transpor I think Juli@ is the best choice.
The Cantatis Overture seems to me a potential good piece of Hardware without any support at all by the software side. My experience with Asus learned to me that SW is important as many the HW, if not more.
Daniele

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: cMP - can't get it to work!!! - audiodan@tiscali.it 13:12:48 04/10/11 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.