Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Cuesheet creator for foobar/cMP

Theob - What you want are the cue sheets that are automatically made by EAC when you rip a CD as one single track. Open EAC. In the toolbar at the top, click on EAC. Select EAC options. Click on the Tools tab at the top. Now look right down at the bottom and make sure "Activate beginner mode..." is ticked. Click OK.

Now load your CD in the PC drive. The tracks should all appear. To the left of the music tracks, click on the little picture that is second from the bottom, that says "IMG". A window opens with the title "Save Waveform". Navigate as you normally do in Windows to the folder where you want to store the music and open that folder. Click on the Save button at the bottom and now the CD should be ripped, and a cue sheet that works in cPlay should also appear in the same folder with the single .wav file for the CD. When you want to play it in cPlay, find the .cue file, right click on it, move the cursor over "Open With" and select cPlay.

Foobar cuesheet creator is for people (like me) who want to make multiple track cue sheets for mp3, flac or other music files they already have stored in their computer. For cuesheets for multiple wav files you need to use EAC in advanced mode - see my post in the cMP thread. None of these multiple track cue sheets can be read by cPlay, although they work in fine in Foobar, Winamp and cMP.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.