Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

I did desolder it. But the TTi linear PSU is still powering it right now

Hi smicyta

I wanted too replace it with a shunt regulator from makes like: Newclassd (the dexa regulator) or from my country fellow man Guido Tent (a Tentlabs Shunt regulator).

Since shipping from Denmark (only 750 kilometers from Rotterdam) would cost 27 euro’s and shipping from Eindhoven (75 kilometers) would cost € 4,70. I choose the Tentlabs Shunt regulator.
Van on filtering, de-coupling, demping, ect

But I could not get it too work. The Julia digital part however works when I power it with my TTi linear PSU. Than I saw that the Juli@ digital part uses 113 mA in my setup.
But being an amateur, I did not check the specs very well before I ordered the Tentlab shunt regulator.
When I connected the shunt regulator too the Juli@ digital part, the shunt regulator did not produce more than 2.3 volts. No matter how I tried. When not connected too the Juli@ digital part, it nicely produces 3.3 volt.
Only after I did read again the specs, I discovered that the Tentlab Shunt regulator can only provide 100mA. So I guess that is might be the reason that the regulator will not output 3.3 V but 2.3 volt.
So right now the bulky and monstrous TTi is still powering the Juli@. But too keep the peace at home, I have too come up with a solution very fast.

So I ordered an IC LT 1086 CT3,3 3,3V POS VR 1,5A T regulator.
My soldering skills are improving. And I also have less fear messing things up. I’m planning too construct my own DIY regulator. I want too feed it with filtered 5 volt DC from the Pico and than feed the resulting 3.3 V too the Juli@ digital part. Everything filtered as much as possible. See how that will sound.

Mark

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.