Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: An Extraordinary Windows Installation for Use with Juli@

Florida, huh, you came to join our Gator crowd? Perhaps there will be a time when we can get together for dinner at your local Denny's. :) Before this C19 virus thing came along, my wife and I were planning to visit friends in TN. The drive over to them would likely take us close enough to where you are.

Ahhh! The beautifully sound colors of the 12AX7 tube, mostly via my Dyanacos of their time, hold a very dear place in my eardrums. I can still salivate as I remember passages of music they played for me. I hope you retained these tubes in the Hafler.

Now, if you really preferred the A21's sound but not its heat, here is a wild thought. It is probably not really advisable but...

The A21's bias could conceivably be tuned down just enough to only deliver class-A into 4-5 watts. If I recall well, they now do about 11 watts into 8 ohms. The downturn in heat production would likely be very significant judging by my own experiments with my Parasounds.

Then again, like you, I never even got to "good enough" SQ from VST filters on cPlay, if you would need them with the A21. Like I said, it is a bit wild; just like us ladies here like it. LOL

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.