Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: On OCZ 800MHz 1GB RAM try this setup

cics,

I have now had the opportunity to make this change as well as (importantly) have a decent listen over a few days. I can confirm that with 1GB OCZ Platinum set to 533MHz (rather than 400MHz as before) and with timings set to the values you have prescribed my impression is overall positive. I feel that there is more “body” in the music and that it is a “fuller”, more “natural” presentation. At the 400MHz setting, my feeling is that the presentation, by comparison, is a bit "trebley" which has the effect of conveying an undue sense of “speed”. In summary, I think the change is a good one providing the RAM is up to the task (Hyperx, OCZ or similar). My one hesitation is that if the system is already a bit “bloated” or “full” or “slow” the change will seem to slow things down even further which would not be desirable.

Thanks again for your guidance.

Regardz,
Bling

System: cMP PC > EA Off-Ramp > Custom built DAC > Supratek Sauvignon > Blue Circle BC26 > Thiel CS3.6; Cables: ZU Varial, Bocchino Morning Glory, Harmonic Tech Pro-9+; Power cables: Oyaide Tsunami, Cerious Tech

Edits: 01/06/08 01/06/08

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.