Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: I need to enable something in bios to set up and format a new hdd...

Ray I put an empty 10 gig parttition in my new hdd. Then after formatting the rest of it (490 gigs) I left my os on the original hdd to see if running cplay with music files from the new hdd whether I'll get the metallic overlay. The conclusion after trying reloading juli@ drivers, adding a new juli@ card, new memory was that my problem was probably caused by my old hdd. The reason for this conclusion is that running music off a fd did not cause the problem. So we shall see. If this works I'll transfer the os to the partition, transfer all music files to the new hdd and take out my old hdd. If it doesn't work I'll try cloning my os to my fd, taking out my old hdd and see if that works. If not I'm back to manually loading my music onto my fd and running that way. I needed a new hdd anyway so its all good

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: I need to enable something in bios to set up and format a new hdd... - theob 16:19:32 03/16/09 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.