Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

What combination of individual P24 wires can/will result in a ‘zero net magnetic flux density’?

Hi Theo,

See page 109 and 110 and figures: 14, 15, 16 and 17.

In particular: “the ferrite “sees” equal and opposite DC currents and thus zero net magnetic flux density. The ferrite will be able to provide maximum series impedance for high frequency common mode currents and remain unaffected by the DC operation of the encircled conductors”

So when not bundlling all 24 wires into one ferrite, one has too make a combination of wires that (at best) also will result in a ‘zero net magnetic flux density’.

So I’m curious what comibination of wires you bundle too achieve a ‘zero net magnetic flux density’.

Or, 2nd best (when it is not possible to make any combination of wires which results in zero-DC magnetic flux) what combination of wires do you bundle into one ferrite bead to achieve the lowest possible non-zero DC?

I’m especially interested in how to bundle the bleu -12 volt wire, the grey PWR-OK wire, the green PS-On/Of wire and the purple STD-BY wire. As I also expect HF-noise too spread through these wires, so I want too clamp these wires too.

Mark

Edits: 06/10/11 06/10/11

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.