Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: The good, bad, and ugly: reporting back to seger, Ryelands, cics, and Dawnrazor . . .

Hey Dbb,

I think seger is right about things being non optimal and that detail is not a bad thing when things are optimal.

What bios changes have you done? COuld you underclock? Are things fanless?

Also, what kind of power are you feeding the computer? DId you get the granite supply and are you using it to power the hdd. I hope you are using sata.

Recently I lost the magic mostly because I moved things around and when I connected it back up I had the granite supply connected to a cheap computer powerstrip. Before I had it into my counterpoint pac5. It was the "dirty" psu so I thought it didnt matter. Well I was wrong, and putting it back into the pac5 really helped.

My hunch is that the drives or power or both are hurting things, and fans too if you have them. So try doing as much of the hardware things too.

And I was thinking a bit about the gui. If you could sort by composer, conductor, and album, would that be enough?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.