Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: That's excellent feedback! Thanks.

first off apologies to you cics for not working out the stuck 'on repeat' bit, it should have been obvious.

I found remote exe thanks, but I have to click on it each time after exiting cplay for it to work, is that normal? And once the remote has been started, I no longer have 'right click' available so to actually turn off cplay from the bottom toolbar (when you right click and choose 'close) so to 'turn off' cplay I actually have to turn off the computer....again obviously something very stupid I'm doing (I recall the option to go to XP in the cMP options, but I go and click cPLAY to get going, is that where the error is?)

Am continually pleased at new things heard and improvements across the board. A friend came over and heard it y/day, think he may be here soon asking questions heh heh, he doesn't want the fully stripped back version dedicated to two channel, wants the full HT application but still with quality sound, assume the HT bit in the manuals will suffice.

On that score, is it possible at all with this setup to pop in a cd/dvd and just press play? ie without the need to rip and store. Guess it would be a bit hard to fit a movie on the ram.

OK, whilst it's wonderful I'm hitting up against a few problems that need sorting, I can't find the exact answers in the manual (tho no doubt there), so on with some more dumbarse questions eh?

Whilst my main computer is being repaired, I've had the cMP on the desk and running long analog leads to the deqx for convenience sake and to be able to begin ripping (when the main computer is back I can apply the remaINDER of the optimizations in the manual and rip on that and transfer via USB stick) however when my friend was here we decided to movemit over into the rack and use digital out rather than analog out, just to see how it sounded. Anyway I cannot get digital out, I was using the digital lead that comes in the bundle with the din (?) plug on the end. The pulldown in cplay that refers to the available inputs only lists input 1&2 and 3&4, which from the juli@ book is analog IN and out??? go figure. So I'm not sure what I've done wrong to not be able to access digital out. I did plug the coax lead into one of the outputs 3&4 (the bottom two) which did give a signal of sorts, but very distorted and obviously not the right place to put it!

There is an awful lot of noise (computer) in the signal. Like when a laptop with ac power in is in the system. I have byet to remove extraneous wires in the box yet, but even so I would not have thought it was normal or acceptable. When I replace the mobo and cpu's etc according to your last release I can remove the wires. But does having the noise sound like a normal situation to you? The PS I have is the coolermaster RS 500 if that is needed data, plus of course the granite PS.

When we use the zalman case, IIRC the only thing we enabled was the touchscreen. That means the USB ports on the front of the case (which provide very easy access) are non-functional, which means when we load the music files ripped from another computer (recommended) we have to fiddle around the back of the unit, a bit of a problem in a lot of racks I'd guess. Is there a way to 'turn on' the front usb ports? If the software changes preclude that, then maybe there are usb links available that can piggy out of the back port and loop into the front panel ports? How do all you guys overcome this 'user' issue?

Is there an option available so when I load a file into cPLAY it won't start playing till I press the remote button? Yes I know it takes 15 sec to load, but it's good to get it ready and settl back into the seat and press play when I like...gotta be able to get the beer in my hand first!! ha ha.

Thanks for that and your patience in answering every silly question I come up with.

General query (ie computer idiot alert) with the new mobo annd h/ware upgrades, as I vaguely understand it it enables us to sample at much higher rates...which from the diagrams in the intro to the AOBC gives us a more analog waveform. But if the dacs we use can only accept 24/96 is there an advantage?? or am I not even at the right station let alone on the right track. I mean does it do all the processing at 192 and then converts back down to 96 which the deqx will accept. If it 'goes back down' to 96, was there an advantage in going up in the first place? Maybe there is a link to a thread that explains it, saves you having to do it and I can learn that way.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.