Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

It did come back on!

I went to FRYS and got an "unmolested" USB/MB connector - but only the standard mouse works, not the "remote" mouse.

Last time this happened I had to leave MINLOGON to get it to work. Once it worked I returned to MINLOGON.

What is weird is that my supply is definitely putting out the required 5 volts. I checked with a mouse plugged is (out of the computer circut completely)and there is no change in voltage (supply is up to the task). I had the same problem with the GRANITE supply - never could get it to work but when I went to the second ATX supply I had no problem using a 5 volts rail to power the MB/USB connector.

Does one need to have the ground from the supply/USB adaptor connected to one of the grounds of the MB? I have not tried this yet but it is the only thing I can imagine that would be the difference. I think I am the only one to have this problem. It is not confined to this MB, I could not get the GRANITE to work with the previous recommended MB.

I really am surprised how much better the linear supply sounds with P4. Of course, that is easy to implement. It will be far more exciting if I can the thing to turn on with the linear P24!.

Have you figured out what the mysterious (since he has disappeared) Jack Wong was doing with the memory supply? Was he powering the memory outside of the MB? I could never quite figure it out. And his post was not exactly clear about that. Just curious.

Thanks for the advice.

Bye,

Rick McInnis

I assume you are powering the mouse with a linear supply (I assume in conjunction with the HDD) - did you have to do something to ground it to the MB?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.