Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Why stick too your Lynx Two B when going full linear/hybrid/battery ?

Hi Playmate,

Reading Gstew’s (and others) reply on your post I asked myself:

Why stick too your Lynx Two B?

Clearly the Lynx Two B is the best available internal soundcard with multichannel analog outputs. I owned the 2 channel anolog out version L22 for a year or so. But your love for this card will put you on high costs when going ‘full linear’. Even ‘only’ going linear/hybride will give you much trouble and costs.

When you add up all the costs (money, time, energy) you need too invest for going ‘full linear’ with the Lynx Two B: is that really worth the trouble and costs?

But why not consider an high quality external 8 channel analog out soundcard like the Lynx Aurora?
The Aurora uses the samen converters as used with the Two B / L22). The Lynx Aurora external soundcard can be connected too your cMP, with use of an firewire - or USB card. (the LT-FW card or LT-USB) too be installed in the Aurora.

This way you can go full Linear and/or linear/hybrid without any trouble/hassle and without (much?) extra costs.

The Aurora + FW card will cost: € 2.155,- (ex VAT). The Aurora + USB cards costs 241 euro’s les = € 1.914,- (ex VAT). See link below for pricelist Dutch Lynx distributer. Don't know the German distributor.

I’m still a fan of good old fashion Firewire. Provided you install a Firewire card with an Texas Intrument chipset (!) in your cMP setup. I’m (still not) a big fan of USB connections. But this might come some day.

I know this is al lot more money than your current Lynx Two B.
But I also red, you where considering spending 700 on an extra PSU.
So than it sprang too my mind: if you are willing too spend that much extra (and you than still will have a lot of extra trouble implementing this psu), you better sell your Two B
And buy an Aurora with FW or USB.

Looking at the trouble ahead on your road for powering your cMP/TwoB-setup all linear (or even ‘only’ linear/hybrid), the external Aurora option may turn out too be the less costly manouvre in the end.

Just a thought (and calculation exercise) too consider.

Kind regards
Mark

Edits: 01/27/11

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.