Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: : RE: *Power Consumption* Core i3-530 32nm + GA-H55M-UD2H

My USB is self-powered and does not draw any current from the MB. The 2.34A is supplied to the MB alone, the 5V SSD is powered separately by another 5V regulator where it shares the same powered source with the 3.3V regulator.

I rechecked my setting. All unnecessary devices were turned off in the BIOS. I measured the 5V line of the MB again and the reading remained the same. I tried enabling the CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E) and C3/C6/C7 State Support which resulted in a decrease of 0.2A current. However, SQ deteriorated under such condition.

There are a lot of perierals on the MB, although many of them are switched off in the BIOS they may still draw current as I noticed the temperature of the MB. Perhap the 5V also powers the graphic chip(45mn). The 5 Volt line is indeed ‘the powerhouse’.

Having said that, 2.34A is still lower than reported in the "P24 current measurements. - hfavandepas" post(Playing music: 3,13 (peak: 3,14)).

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: : RE: *Power Consumption* Core i3-530 32nm + GA-H55M-UD2H - jackwong96 04:35:10 05/23/10 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.