Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: @bertel & telrab: Do you get improvement with additional Device Manager changes?

Although I'm still right in the process of burning in my newly installed all pure battery power supply for the P4 connector (first step, 24pin to follow next) as well as getting used to the sonic changes this brings, I think I can clearly say that I did not see any change when unchecking the Mouse-wakeup-property alone, but think I DO hear a change when disabling "System Management BIOS Driver" and "System Board". I would describe it as quite noticably more air, spatiousness and even more "correct" positioning, all in midrange events - if that's what you mean by "purity" we're probably experiencing the same, because these effects came together with a feeling that once more it's another tiny step towards perfection that made me notice that the listening experience feels again even more "right". Difficult to describe (even more so for a non-native English speaker...), but I think you get the point.

Now will try to disable the other system devices as well as per Dave's suggestion and also do the Registry changes.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.