Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: okay i'll try with the Pico PW-200-M

Hi Mark
first I agree with you about BBQ in summer time. I live in Sardinia, I'm bored by sun and summer, and just now I were dreaming some cold: here we have 40°C! So good BBQ in the north country!
I use only the analog output of the Essence and after my last upgrade ( sandy bridge CPU+MoBo and Belleson PSU) I think that picoPsu (150 and 160XT, I've on my 2 cMP2) or wears only simple regulators for 5V and 3,3V or is really the best Switching PSU in the world, IMHO!
SQ of my system is now astounding, background silence is incredible, each instrument rises from nothing, with music cue ( and decay too) so natural and dynamic that seems impossible to me they could come from a digital source. Sandy Bridge is a very effective upgrade in the war against electric rumor and picoPSU is a fantastic ally.
All this is too difficult to acheive from a switching PSU, and I must repeat that, in my experience, linear PSU are'nt all the same: my peaktech sounds worse than the Belleson, surely when feeds the PicoPSU. So Is it the pico sensible to the current quaity? My response is yes.
I'm starting to use ferrite rings. So I'll wait to yours next "cold" tests, in the meantime I carry on with mine.
Buon appetito e salute! Enjoy
Daniele

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.