Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: cMP vs, or with cPlay 2.0b37

Audio Bling

Thanks for the system comment, if you like the way it looks, you ought to hear it!

I never thought about there being any difference in the playback sound of the CD whether ripped as a single wav or individual wav's for each track.

When my internet surfing and reading got me on to black CD copies sounding better I downloaded a copy of EAC and ripped all my CD's as single waves, for archiving and to allow easy recreation of the CD on black blanks.

Further reading got me interested in computer playback. My thinking, if the Black CD sounded better then going back one more step and not using an optical interface (laser), but rather playing from the hard drive ought to be even better.

I am an inveterate tweaker, and have a number of track I use for evaluating a change in the system. In foobar 0.8.3 (the best sounding player I had, before stumbling across cMp/cPlay) it was easy to make a play list of just the tracks I wanted.

I, on occasion, wanted to burn a CD with just those tracks, but never got into the process deeply enough to figure out how to do that.

With the reply I received from seger I now know how to split my full wav's into tracks.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: cMP vs, or with cPlay 2.0b37 - bruce.weiland@verizon.net 06:12:29 08/19/10 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.