Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

I am sure the BELLESON is superior to any three pin

but, I figure I will try the cheaper route first, at least, to get things going and then substitute a superior device.

I am afraid I have no choice but to use the LT1083 for the 5 volts rail which seems to be the most important or the hardest working!

cics has suggested that the 12 volts P4 supply for the CPU is not quality critical. I am not, at this point, looking for minute improvements. I still have my doubts about how much of an improvement a fully linear supply will make but the challenge is too interesting to not give it a try.

I have not lost interest in your regulators.

I hesitate to take a chance of going overboard in praise of anything though some would say I have in my appreciation of cics's software. But, one can let their emotions fly when dealing with another's labor of love which they have decided to give away. Not to say I do not sincerely love what his work has allowed - for me, enjoying digital music. Not to imply I have heard much of what else is out there, not in my own system.

You should lead the way and come up with an easy to implement set of regulators for linear power supplies for the music computer!

Bye,

Rick McInnis

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • I am sure the BELLESON is superior to any three pin - rickmcinnis@dogwoodfabrics.com 08:32:54 08/26/10 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.