Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Briefly tested H55M-USB3

Collected a 2nd hand H55M-USB3 in the evening. Couldn't wait to listen to it. I also borrowed an unmodified H55M-UD2H from a friend for comparison.

An Antec Earth Watt ATX PS, i3/530, SSD and USB DAC were used. First of all, listened to unmodified UD2H MB to get an idea how it would sound with stand ATX PS. Bios setting was optimized. Without a linear PS and MB modifications, UD2H was a bit dull and boring, things were hidden a bit in the background. Background noise was a bit high.

Bios setting for the USB3 was similar to UD2H, but since I'm not familiar with this MB I set the CPU and Graphic voltage 0.03V higher. When the USB3 fired up, things were a bit different. I must say that with the same PS, this MB has better rejection to poor quality of switching PS, probably due better power circuit. Everything is just better and it was more enjoyable listening to it than the UD2H MB. After a brief comparison, my initial impression was that the USB3 MB was better sounding than the UD2H MB. The major difference between the two MB seems like a better PS was used on the USB3.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Briefly tested H55M-USB3 - jackwong96 09:23:22 11/24/11 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.