Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Another several thoughts... (and if you don't believe in tweaking, I suggest you don't read this post!)

Great Work. I have made my linears following your instructions. The parts i used are the MUR 860 diodes ( only two diodes doing a full-wave rectification, as the transformer i used has a center-tap),ELNA Silmic II Caps,& a Dexa Regulator. It looks quite different from the pictures u posted above though. I will post some pictures once i go home this evening. I have no complaints with the linear supplies. They have improved the cMP a lot. The only issue i faced was when i kept them side by side inside the cMP cabinet ( Alumimium), which is grounded. Before i put them inside, i had just the linear for the Julia inside the cabinet & the one for the P4 outside. This was very fluid & clean. The moment i brought the one for the P4 inside, it messed up the whole spectrum to a very great degree. Last evening i wanted to do another trial so i moved both the linears about 3 inches apart (inside the cMP itself)& surprisingly it performed a lot better. Im not able to figure out what is going on technically. But by now its quite evident that both the fellows dont like to share the same place. I intend to revert them back to where they were originally, one in & the other out of the cabinet to see if it solves the problem...

Junaid

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Another several thoughts... (and if you don't believe in tweaking, I suggest you don't read this post!) - Jolida 01:31:42 08/30/11 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.