Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Okay, I'm starting to get exicited!

I've received my Gigabyte G31M-ES2L MB, E7500 CPU and the Zalman case prescribed in cics hardware list. (BTW, The Silver HD160XT is on sale at Newegg for $299 +shipping)

I have a 1Gb stick of Kingston’s HyperX DDR2 800Mhz RAM on the way. I haven't ordered any HDDs yet as I'm a little taped out and I want to try and get the best solution considering cost and SQ (SQ being the higher priority).
I understand that the less power consuming 2.5" lap top drive should perform better, but I don't know what else, besides capacity I should be looking for.

I have also held off on the PSs as I wanted to get some feedback concerning the different approaches of using the Granite supplies with an ATX or using 2 ATX supplies. I don't which one is the best choice or if there is even a consensus on this.

Oh yeah, There is the concern of using minlogon with XP Pro. I have read some post that make me want to turn and run but I do want to squeeze every last drop of performance out of all the hard work cics and you other loonies of this Ward have given to this commendable project.

I'm sure there are many other ares of implementing cMP that are as deserving of attention than just the few I mentioned.

Please give me any feedback you think will help me in my pursuit to fulfill the full potential of the cMP. I look forward to your responses.

I'm sure this is not the last time that I will be asking for help as my knowledge of computers is very limited.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

Julien

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.