Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: ReaTemp results

Your temps look a lot like mine now. Seems high on 192K SRC, but mine started that high, then they have been going down. I think the thermal paste has to settle in, among other things. Big temp difference between 200MHz CPU and 190MHz. Did you do the recommended configuration for RealTemp? It gets readings closer to reality, I think. I put RealTemp in my Touchscreen shortcut in cMP. It's so quick, you get close to real running temps, which plummet quickly when you stop playing, esp. at 192K.

My experience with the GA-G31M-S2L is improving a lot. With CPU Host 170MHz, RAM 3-3-3-8, kernel streaming is better than in Biostar mobo now, in fact stunning (in cMP of course). For cPlay, I have to swap drivers, and it's in a league of its own for clarity and impact.

I checked ripple specs for my Thermaltake Dual Power PSU (unfortunately discontinued now) and they are same as Fortron Zen and Silverstone Nightjar fanless PSUs, which are SPCR favorites. Nowhere near Earthwatts, but fanless is important - who would put up with a CDP that has a continuous not quite subliminal whirring sound? When I play my Biostar cMP the stillness is very palpable after the extremely quiet Tagan whir in the Gigabyte cMP. Awaiting bigger HDD before I move the Gigabyte in.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: ReaTemp results - seger 04:50:45 08/09/08 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.