Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Speaking off the top of my head

I would think the flash drive, though similar, is in a different league from the SSD. A bicycle and a motorcycle are closely related but very different. Plus, you go back to USB with the flash drive and that's another thing.

Then, you would need some kind of device to turn the HDD on and off.

THEN, cics said that he did not recommend mixing so there might be a conflict there.

I have been in analogue land the last few days and still have not auditioned #20. I thought it would be a good idea to totally immerse myself with LP's and then see where we are with #20.

I have not had a working turntable for the last year.

One thing for sure, analogue is really noisy but it is magical that when the music begins you simply lose consciousness of the noise, and it seems you simply lose consciousness. It is a very strange effect.

I, too, am intrigued by the move to SSD. One could keep a reasonable amount of music on the 256gB drive and then when they wanted a different selection easy enough to re-connect temporarily the old HDD and transfer/replace files.

It all makes a certain amount of sense and if cics hears it, it is there.

Theo, you have been looking for the next thing to try, why not?

Bye,

Rick McInnis

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.