Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Changing drive letters so cues work

G: must already be assigned to a drive. If it's a system drive you don't want to be changing the drive letter! If your music files on your cmp machine are stored in a separate non-system partition, it should be easy to change that drive letter. I can't see what arrangements you have, so can't give specific advice.

The advantages of full address cuesheets are: 1.you can store them anywhere and they will work. 2.for Vista cMP users you have to store them on the Desktop, so full address cuesheets allow you to keep your music files elsewhere. 3.For making playlists from files that are in separate folders.

The disadvantage is that if you move the files after making the cuesheet, you have to edit the address.

Other ways to make cuesheets that don't give full addresses:
For wav files: put your CD into EAC and make a multi-file cuesheet, without re-ripping - no editing will be required. Or make a cuesheet with foobar cuesheet creator - you will have to add genre, performer, title for the album, and performer and title for each track - that's a lot of editing!
For flac (or other extensions): Use foobar - if your tags are decent, no editing will be required, except for "various artist" or mixed genre albums, which you will have to edit Performer or Genre afterwards, or you will get "unknown" in the cmp library.

RecursiveCueCreator is incredibly fast, but you have to edit all the cuesheets to show Genre, and if your directory structure, tags and file names aren't just right, you get anomalies - so it's not perfect.

I have various shortcuts for manual editing, pretty idiosyncratic, and everyone has to work out their own methods for their own needs - it can be a bit of a mission!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.