Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Thanks for your input

You know far more about all of this than I by seven orders of magnitude.

I have grown tired of my 22 inches monitor lighting up the room so I decided to give this a try anyway. I ordered the smallest one.

If it is a wash at least I will no longer have this giant display.

I have no idea how USB and the regular monitor port affect the assignments of tasks within the computer. I do not know what polling is but I will find out (somewhat) after I go to the link you supplied.

I guess I can disable the monitor based devices in DEVICE MANAGER since this monitor has its own "video card". Will be interesting if that makes any difference.

I hesitate to depend on the monitor to change resolution since cics said in the OPTIMIZATIONS that this requires additional power so he recommends using the native resolution of your monitor. I do not know what to make of any of this. Wish I had a better idea of what goes on within the motherboard. But only if the information could be injected into my brain!

In a week or so, I will know.

Are you using the "new" board?

Thanks, again,

Rick McInnis

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Thanks for your input - rickmcinnis@dogwoodfabrics.com 12:56:20 08/30/10 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.