Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: An Extraordinary Windows Installation for Use with Juli@

Happy to see you, D!

As I mentioned earlier, I've been away from it all for almost a year. In fact, this is probably only my 2nd post in the asylum this week, after the long hiatus. I do have a few audio projects lined up for as soon as I recover from my trips and stuff.

One of these planned projects is, in fact, Hysolid. When I was still in France several weeks ago, OG42 texted me to inquire about it. LOL, he accused YOU of making him curious about it, if I recall well. I decided to explore it when I got back. I actually downloaded it several days ago.

After reading their website thoroughly, I figured it still needs much more of the Windows 10 subsystems than cMP does of Windows XP's(with a severely reduced code). So, I harbor no illusions. Then again, I was/am not looking for a cMP replacement.

Where I DO have great hopes is actually with Win10 on other folks' PCs. Those who are not able, crazy or deluded enough to gut an entire OS just for improved SQ, the way some of us are.

For example, OG42's audio PC is audio-optimized to some extent under Windows 10 but I silently lamented not being able to bring his PC to cMP's SQ level. Now, however, and partly thanks to your typical explorations and sharing thereof, this may much closely be achieved. He got really good at making solid PC backups...experimenting with new setups should make him happy as a kid...which he is :)

I'll take another look at the other items you mentioned later. Right now I am due to smoke my cheap cigar of the week...before my wife wakes up. Have fun!

Edits: 03/21/20

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.